- MyVoice: Views of our readers 29th May 2023
- Modi juggernaut rolls on world stage
- Odisha may turn haven for espionage
- Disrespect to Temple of Democracy quite wrongful
- BoM tops PSBs chart in profit, loan growth in FY23
- Nifty on cusp of breakout for new lifetime high
- Top-7 firms gain Rs 1.51-trn mcap
- Put writers adding hefty Open Interest
- AI Magic Compose feature to help users write messages
- Hyderabad: Minister Talasani Srinivas Yadav pays tributes to NT Rama Rao on birth anniversary
KCR returns from south Federal tour
Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao cut short his weeklong spiritual-cum-political sojourn in southern states and arrived in Hyderabad on Friday night.
Hyderabad: Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao cut short his weeklong spiritual-cum-political sojourn in southern states and arrived in Hyderabad on Friday night.
As per the earlier schedule, KCR was to have met DMK leader Stalin in Chennai before winding up his tour on Sunday.
Leaders said that Stalin was busy with election campaign for the next phase of elections in the poll-bound Tamil Nadu and informed the TRS chief his inability to meet the latter at this juncture.
Hence, KCR wound up his tour two days earlier and returned to the city. The chief minister along with his family members had left for Kerala on May 6.
He visited Rameswaram temple and Madura Meenakashi temple on Friday afternoon.
KCR is likely to meet Stalin during third week of May, according to sources.
It may be mentioned here that KCR had one-on- one meeting with his Kerala counterpart Pinarayi Vijayan on the possibility of the left-wing parties joining the Federal front floated as an alternative to Congress and BJP at national level.
Though Vijayan predicted regional parties will play a crucial role in the formation of government at the Centre, he did not commit about the support of left parties to the KCR's front.
Sources said that KCR will hold a meeting with TRS leaders on Saturday and finalise the candidates to contest the three MLC posts under local bodies category from Nalgonda, Rangareddy and Warangal districts.
It is learnt that senior TRS leader G Sukhendar Reddy's name has been finalised to contest from Nalgonda.