- 'Coarse gender discrimination': SC on termination of woman from army on marriage
- Two guarantees to be implemented within a week: Telangana CM
- BJP will not have alliance with any party in Telangana: Kishan Reddy
- Delhi HC allows student to sit for Class 12 board exam, subject to rectifying application deficiencies
- 63 moons Technology ropes in top global firms for cybersecurity foray
- Karnataka HC grants relief to Byju's as investors plan to oust CEO
- Protesting farmers suspend 'Delhi Chalo' protest till Friday
- Gurugram: Man convicted for raping & killing minor girl handed death penalty
- Bengal school job case: Calcutta HC seeks report from ED's Special Director on Partha Chatterjee
- ASIP’s OSAT/ATMP Project launched with Korean JV
Lokesh Kumar is new GHMC commissioner
In a surprise move, Telangana State Government on Monday transferred GHMC (Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation) Commissioner Dana Kishore and appointed Rangareddy
Hyderabad: In a surprise move, Telangana State Government on Monday transferred GHMC (Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation) Commissioner Dana Kishore and appointed Rangareddy district Collector DS Lokesh Kumar as the Corporation Commissioner with immediate effect.
Kishore has been appointed as GHMC Commissioner in August 2018. During his one year stint, the 1996 batch IAS official succeeded in completing the pending flyovers and other infrastructure development projects in Greater Hyderabad limits. It is learnt that the official's failure in repairing the damaged roads due to heavy rains could be one of the reasons for his transfer.
Kishore has been posted as Managing Director to Hyderabad Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage Board. Rangareddy district Joint Collector S Sarish has been placed in Full Additional Charge ( FAC) of the post of Collector which fell vacant after the incumbent Lokesh posted as GHMC commissioner. –eom