ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Personalisation of cancer treatment is need of the hour, say experts

Personalisation of cancer treatment is need of the hour, say experts
Highlights

Only 70 per cent of cancer patients of stage-I cancer are getting positive results in cancer treatment and for the remaining 30 per cent, it is proving to be negative.

Hyderabad: Only 70 per cent of cancer patients of stage-I cancer are getting positive results in cancer treatment and for the remaining 30 per cent, it is proving to be negative.

The reason for such results are said to be the uniqueness among one's genetic construction, stated, Dr TS Rao, Medical Director of Basavatarakam Indo-American Cancer Hospital & Research Institute.

Speaking to media in an interaction meet arranged on the sidelines of a two-day international conference on Genitourinary Oncopathology that commenced in the institute on Friday, he suggested that personalisation of cancer treatment, depending upon one's individual genetic structure, is the need of the hour.

He opined that without understanding such individual-specific genetic structures, sometimes the treatment would be unfruitful and the amount spent on such treatment would go waste.

Show Full Article
Download The Hans India Android App or iOS App for the Latest update on your phone.
Subscribed Failed...
Subscribed Successfully...
More Stories


Top