- 'Coarse gender discrimination': SC on termination of woman from army on marriage
- Two guarantees to be implemented within a week: Telangana CM
- BJP will not have alliance with any party in Telangana: Kishan Reddy
- Delhi HC allows student to sit for Class 12 board exam, subject to rectifying application deficiencies
- 63 moons Technology ropes in top global firms for cybersecurity foray
- Karnataka HC grants relief to Byju's as investors plan to oust CEO
- Protesting farmers suspend 'Delhi Chalo' protest till Friday
- Gurugram: Man convicted for raping & killing minor girl handed death penalty
- Bengal school job case: Calcutta HC seeks report from ED's Special Director on Partha Chatterjee
- ASIP’s OSAT/ATMP Project launched with Korean JV
Telangana records highest rainfall
Heavy rains lashed the city for more than two hours creating havoc disrupting normal life.
Hyderabad: Heavy rains lashed the city for more than two hours creating havoc disrupting normal life. Among all districts that saw heavy rains, the Habshipur in Siddipet district of Telangana recorded highest rainfall and Hyderabad Begumpet recorded the highest rainfall among all other areas.
According to the State-run Telangana Development Planning Society (TSDPS), which has its weather stations spread over the city recorded the highest rainfall of 108 mm at Habshipur in Siddipet district till 6 am. In Hyderabad, Begumpet received 72.8 mm rainfall, the highest as of 6 am, followed by Bansilalpet (67 mm), and West Marredpally (61.8 mm).
Moreover, the LB Nagar area saw (22.5 mm), Bandlaguda (18.5mm), Gajularamaram (15.3mm), Charminar (8.9 mm) and Malkajgiri (6.7 mm). Apart from Hyderabad, Siddipet, Macherial, Jagital, Yadadri and Bhuvanagiri districts received moderate rainfall between 8-10 mm.
The India Meteorological Department's (IMD) Hyderabad centre said that the pre-monsoon showers had till now stayed away from the Telangana as the State recorded a departure of -74 per cent for the season with the actual rainfall of 8 mm was recorded in the State.