- Telangana will prosper if Congress wins: Vijayashanti
- Guntur: Police arrest agitating BJP leaders
- Finally, light at the end of the tunnel: All 41 workers rescued safely
- Silent period begins: After campaigning ends, parties begin poll micro management
- Marpu Kavali, Congress Ravali: Sonia to voters
- GEF-UNIDO team discusses progress of projects in Vijayawada
- Rajamahendravaram: Tributes paid to Jyotirao on his death anniversary
- Will make Telangana great: Hat-trick seeking KCR turns philosophical
- BJP, BRS became rich parties by looting public money: Priyanka
- Rahul fires salvo at Asad for conniving with saffron party
Utmost priority given to tree plantation: Padma Rao
The Deputy Speaker of Telangana Assembly, T Padma Rao Goud said that the twin cities of Secunderabad and Hyderabad have been witnessing unprecedented growth under the able leadership of CM KCR.
Secunderabad: The Deputy Speaker of Telangana Assembly, T Padma Rao Goud said that the twin cities of Secunderabad and Hyderabad have been witnessing unprecedented growth under the able leadership of CM KCR.
He was speaking to media after the Haritha Haram programme organised by GHMC at Chilkalguda grounds on Friday.
Speaking on the occasion, Padma Rao said that utmost priority has been given to environment protection and tree plantation in five municipal divisions of Secunderabad Assembly constituency since 2014.
Various parks, premises of government offices and other vacant areas have been filled with greenery, he added. Haritha Haram programme has been successful in the constituency with the help of government machinery, he said.
The Deputy Speaker said that the efforts were on to increase the green cover as part of Haritha Haram in the Secunderabad constituency. As part of Haritha Haram programs this year, arrangements are being made for plant 5,700 saplings in 1350 road-side locations, 900 parks and on premises of various offices, hostels and other buildings in GHMC Secunderabad circle, he said.
Apart from tree-plantations, about three lakh saplings will be distributed to people in Secunderabad circle alone, he said. Padma Rao Goud urged local basti and colony associations to take the responsibility of maintaining and protecting saplings.
GHMC zonal commissioner Shankaraiah, deputy commissioner Ravi Kumar, corporator Samala Hema, deputy director Maqsood, EE Pramod Kumar and others were present on the occasion.