- Suspected IED blast kills student in Manipur, another injured
- Asian Track Cycling: Arshad Shaikh, Jyoti Gaderiya win their third gold; Harshita bags silver as India claims four medals
- Corporate earnings surprised on the upside due to improvement in margins
- Ashok Chavan 'injures' Congress again, 55 Nanded ex-corporators join BJP
- Adani Group, Uber to form JV to help expand fleet on green energy?
- One killed as fire breaks out in Singapore apartment
- Two soldiers killed after helicopter crashes in US
- No difference of opinion between me and Satheesan, says Sudhakaran after show of temper
- ‘Farmers first’ policy is Modi govt's resolve to boost their income: A look at key initiatives
- KIUG 2023: Shooter Tejaswini bags Delhi University’s first medal; Chandigarh on top of medal table
Yadadri-Bhongir: CPI leader Gurram Yadagiri Reddy passes away
He won thrice from the Ramannapet Assembly constituency
Ramannapet (Yadadri-Bhongir): Senior leader of Communist Party of India and former MLA of Ramannapet constituency Gurram Yadagiri Reddy (91) passed away on Friday.
Party Nalgonda district secretary Palla Narsimha Reddy, in a press statement, informed that Gurram Yadagiri Reddy won the Ramannapet Assembly constituency thrice in united Andhra Pradesh, and strived for the poor throughout his life besides taking an active part in the Telangana Armed Struggle.
"As a leader of Rythu Sangham, he led the several agitations to bring the plight of farmers to the notice of the governments for necessary action," Narasimha Reddy said.
Stating that Yadagiri Reddy was a leader of masses, Narasimha Reddy added as a true communist leader Yadagiri Reddy has no assets, including a house of his own.
He informed that Yadagiri Reddy's final rites would be performed at his native place Suddala of Gundala mandal in the present Yadadri-Bhongir district on Saturday.
Meanwhile, Energy Minister G Jagadish Reddy, in a press release, expressed grief over the death of Yadagiri Reddy and extended sympathies to the bereaved family members.