Korean Dramas: 5 Things You Can Learn From Korean Series
Korean dramas are the IN thing right now. If you don't watch K-dramas (short for Korean series) or listen to K pop, you simply don't belong to the category of Millennials.
Korean dramas are the IN thing right now. If you don't watch K-dramas (short for Korean series) or listen to K pop, you simply don't belong to the category of Millennials. That being the case one wonders what makes them so popular on even OTT platforms. Why are they so addictive and much talked about? What is it K Dramas offer that makes it an instant hit with the masses? Well jere you go, the five lessons every K drama teaches you.
1. Food: Yes, we all love food and we can't live without it. But more often than not, we just eat what we like and binge eating means junk. And not a month goes by without us eating instant stuff. Now, if you follow Korean series then you would have definitely seen the emphasis on food. You will see at least one eating scene in one series and mostly see them eating homemade food with an exotic variety comprising veggies, meat and fruits. This only goes on to show how conscious Koreans are about what they eat.
2. Beauty conscious: It's public knowledge that Koreans have the best skin texture and even the oldest women look young. Thanks to the five-step Korean beauty regime they follow (unlike us, who just believe in CTM), Koreans have beautiful skin that also glows. So it's not surprising to see the women in K Dramas cleansing their face or putting on a transparent face mask.
3. Care about their attire: By now you know Koreans are particular about what they eat and how they look. They are also very conscious about how they present themselves. They often sport costumes that goes with he situation- be it night dress or office wear. You can easily get some tips from them on how to dress up.
4. Happiness over everything: Koreans believe that happiness is everything. You either see people super rich or poor..but one thing you rarely come across in Korean dramas is that you hardly see them cribbing about their situation. They worry, alright. But they don't crib like we see in Indian soaps. Isn't that something we can learn from? Be content with what you have and move on.
5. Hardworking and dignity of labour: We often hear these two words but never do we really practice these. However, in K Dramas you will see the leading lady more than happy to do whatever work she does and does it willingly without any regrets or feeling bad about it. They are hardworking, independent and make no bones about doing any kind of job as long as they can earn their daily bread.
So that was my life of lessons you can learn from Korean dramas. Do you have any more to add to the list? Come, be my guest!