- Navy to enhance its operational capability with INS Jatayu base
- Not against minorities, Cong govt adopting delay tactics: K'taka BJP
- Chief Selector Ajit Agarkar was furious with Shreyas Iyer for being at KKR Academy, claims report
- LS polls: Assam govt requests EC to schedule voting before Bihu
- Elevate your style with Tiger Shroff's wardrobe essentials
- Almonds proven to reduce muscle soreness and improve performance: Study
- Why Janhvi Kapoor is the Breakout Star You Need to Watch in 2024
- A global music odyssey for Indian travelers
- After Gautam Gambhir, Jayant Sinha announced not to contest the elections
- Veterinary student's death: Kerala Guv suspends V-C for dereliction of duty
16-yr-old claims father sexually abused her, case registered
Women commission member T Ramadevi ordered the police and other authorities to take stringent action against the father of a girl, who sexually abused the 16-year old for the last one year.
Ongole: Women commission member T Ramadevi ordered the police and other authorities to take stringent action against the father of a girl, who sexually abused the 16-year old for the last one year.
According to the HELP NGO coordinator BV Sagar, the Asha Sadan, a shelter home run by the organisation received a call from a Class VIII girl from Veligandla, few days back.
She said the home manager that she wants to join the home due to some issues at home. They welcomed her and after the counselling, she revealed that her father was sexually exploiting her for the last one year. She said that even her mother does not know about this.
The NGO informed the child welfare committee members and the police department. Veligandla SI UV Krishnaiah said that the accused is an alcoholic and has four children, three sons and one daughter, and started abusing the daughter. He said that they booked a case under POCSO and the police are in search for the accused.
Women commission member Ramadevi consoled the girl and said that the commission would see her father get maximum punishment and would give support to the girl to pursue higher education. She asked her to be brave and try to forget the past to go ahead in the future.