- Your Ultimate Guide to the Perfect Pongal Look
- With unsecured personal loans under lens, growth momentum in the segment to derail in coming quarters
- Andhra CM Jagan takes poll battle to Chandrababu Naidu's home turf - Kuppam
- India seeks greater say for developing countries at WTO meet
- It was a joy to be a part of a lyrical, poetic, and deeply romantic story: Shahbaz Khan
- Samsung’s Most Intelligent PC Lineup Galaxy Book4 Series Goes on Sale in India
- KIUG 2023: Sambalpur’s Sujata Kujur hopes to make it to Indian women’s hockey team
- VESCOA Partner with ISRO, signed MoU with ASSOCHAM to Advance Collaborative Initiatives
- FM Sitharaman stresses on compliance of norms at meet with fintech heads
- Indian Navy conducts airborne insertion ops over Arabian Sea
78.5% polling recorded in Nellore
Nellore: An average poll percentage of 78.5 recorded at two polling stations by 6 pm in Nellore where re-polling went on peacefully.
Atakanitippa in Sullurpet constituency registered 84.23 per cent and Pallipalem in Kovur constituency with 75.55 per cent. It may be recalled that the Election Commission of India had directed to conduct re-polling at these two polling stations.
Faulty Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) raised issue in the polling station at Pallepalem in Isakapalli panchayat of Buchireddypalem mandal in Kovur segment after some votes were polled in the first machine.
Polling staff engaged another machine in which 33 votes were polled. BHEL engineers visited the Centre and restored the first EVM and officials have
continued polling with the first machine.After completion of the poll process, election staff have only sealed the first EVM and handed over to the officials failing to hand over the second one where 33 votes were polled. Officials, consequently, found difference in total number of votes polled. District Election Officer suspended polling staff responsible for not sealing the second machine. Similar situation was also in Atakanitippa village of Sullurpet constituency where difference in total votes polled as two machines used. Election Commission has finally decided to conduct re-poll at these two centres.
Further, Atakanitippa registered good poll percentage on Monday when compared to Pallipalem polling station.