- Assam not to ban 500 ml PET bottles
- Thousands of govt employees protest at Ramlila Maidan to demand restoration of Old Pension Scheme
- TDP-JSP will form next government in Andhra Pradesh: Pawan Kalyan
- DMK leader Elangovan accuses BJP of playing politics over Cauvery issue
- Congress slams PM Modi for promising now to set up a tribal university in Telangana
- Asian Games: Nandini Agasara claims bronze in women's Heptathlon
- 13 killed in Spain nightclub fire, 15 more missing
- Raj Bhavan-Bengal govt tiff set to aggravate as Guv appoints 6 more interm V-Cs
- Himachal govt to set up commando force: CM Sukhu
- Doctor passengers help baby suffering from severe breathing crisis on flight
Andhra Pradesh: Coronavirus new strain causes tense situation in East Godavari
New strain of Coronavirus in Andhra Pradesh: The coronavirus new strain from the UK is creating a stir in the East Godavari district.
Andhra Pradesh: The coronavirus new strain from the UK is creating a stir in the East Godavari district. A woman from Rajahmundry from the UK was diagnosed with corona positive. It was later confirmed to be a new strain after further tests. However. Her son, who is her primary contact, got negative. The woman was rushed to hospital with her son in isolation. AP medical department said the woman did not infect others.
Meanwhile, it is noted that as many as 1423 people came to Andhra Pradesh recently from UK. Of them, 114 came to East Godavari district, officials said. Corona tests were performed on 111 people, two of whom tested positive. A person from Kakinada was tested and found to have a pcorona. Three others were confirmed positive in his primary contact. However, the doctors said that they had sent their samples to the CCMB in Hyderabad to find out whether they had contracted the new strain.
Of the four positive cases registered across the district, the list of primary contacts is huge. Authorities are working to identify them. A thousand of them have already been tested and some of the results are yet to come. A total of 24 suspected samples were sent to CCMB across the state. Authorities said one of them has been diagnosed with the UK virus.