- 'Muslim League Is A Secular Party,' Says Rahul Gandhi
- Foxconn to start manufacturing iPhones in Bengaluru in April 2024
- Petrol and diesel prices today stable in Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai on 02 June 2023
- ELCINA heartily welcomes MeitY’s revised initiative to Re-Open Scheme for investments in Semiconductors
- Google introduces new 'reading practice' feature for play books
- President Draupadi Murmu and PM Modi extends Telangana formation day wishes
- Indian-Origin Teen Won US Spelling Bee 2023
- YS Jagan distributes tractors and harvesters under YSR Yantra Seva scheme
- Microsoft Teams' new feature lets users collaborate with communities on Windows 11
- 20 more UP colleges being probed for scholarship scam
Andhra Pradesh: Four held for rape of mentally challenged girl in Kadapa
The police have arrested four accused in a case of rape of an mentally retarded girl in Proddatur in YSR Kadapa district. The accused, Pathan Sadhak, Sheikh Abdul Rasool, Battala Simon and B.Sipoy Chinnayya were detained while traveling on the Erraguntla bypass road,
The police have arrested four accused in a case of rape of an mentally retarded girl in Proddatur in YSR Kadapa district. The accused, Pathan Sadhak, Sheikh Abdul Rasool, Battala Simon and B.Sipoy Chinnayya were detained while traveling on the Erraguntla bypass road. ASP Neelam Poojitha said. She disclosed the details to the media at the Proddatur One Town Police Station and revealed that girl was raped by four men.
It is said that a case has been registered against the accused under the POCSO and SC ST Atrocity case and an inquiry is underway. District SP Anburajan, however, said that the media published news after the case was registered against the accused. Police have warned that action will be taken if lies are spread. To this end, SP spoke to Media in Kadapa on Thursday. On the 4th of this month, Proddatur One Town CI Nagraj received a phone call.
The woman police officer, Malleshwari, who was informed by an Anganwadi teacher in the area, said she had informed the CI that a minor girl was pregnant and wandering the streets. Responding to this, the CI directed the woman police to bring the girl and her parents to the station. However, the girl was not in a situation to reveal her details to the police. The girl was shifted to a protection home in Mayiladuthurai for care as her parents and relatives were not available.
SP Anburajan said the girl's father was identified and informed in Three town on the 9th of this month. However, he could not complain as his mental condition was not good. The case was registered at the Proddatur One Town Police Station on May 11 following a complaint by ICDS CDP Hymavati. The order said that after examining several videos that went to outsiders, four people involved in the case were arrested. The girl is said to have been in contact with a man for six months who cheated the girl along with his relatives. Four months ago another man allegedly cheated the girl by keeping her as a maid for 20 days.
Meanwhile, State Women's Commission chairperson Vasireddy Padma spoke to SP Anburajan on the phone on Thursday and came to know about the incident and asked to complete the investigation expeditiously. District Women and Child Welfare officials were ordered to take charge until the girl's health plummeted. A member of the Women's Commission Gajjala Lakshmi was sent to the victim girl immediately. She said the commission would accept the case as Suomoto's and assured the victim of help in all respects.