- AAP MLA Prakash Jarwal convicted in abetment of suicide case of Delhi doctor
- Operation Valentine Received a U/A Certificate
- Railways Reduces Fare for Passenger Trains
- Rootedness, rootlessness & artist Kanwal Dhaliwal’s varied tales
- Supreme Court adjourns hearing on Kavitha's petition on ED summons to March 13
- Sridhar Babu's Statement on Pharma City Scrapping
- Revanth Reddy reviews on HMDA, express dismay over irregularities in lands
- Sheikh Shahjahan is in safe custody of 'Mamata Police': Suvendu Adhikari
- Four women killed as bus hits auto-rickshaw in Telangana
- Three injured, car set on fire in west Delhi clash
Andhra Pradesh Government supporting attacks on temples, alleges BJP
- Police detain BJP leader Kanna Lashminarayana at his residence
- Prevents him from attending protest proposed at DGP's office in Mangalagiri
Guntur: BJP state former president Kanna Lashminarayana alleged that attacks are being carried out on the temples with the support and cooperation of the government. He said that the government is not able to tell reason for increasing attacks on the temples for the last one-and-a-half-years in the state.
Police detained Kanna Lakshminarayana at his residence at Kannavarithota in Guntur city and prevented him from attending dharna programme proposed at DGP's office in Mangalagiri on Thursday.
Speaking on the occasion, he said that there is no democracy in the State and added that he did not see this type of administration in the last 40 years. He alleged that YSRCP government is distributing money under various welfare schemes with an eye on the coming elections. He demanded the government to announce accused in the attacks on the temples within a week and key persons engineering the attacks on the temples. He felt that to escape from its responsibility, the government is blaming the BJP.