- Officials told to gear up for pulse polio on March 3
- NCC cadets begin adventure ride on horseback
- Raveena soaks up some sunshine in Tadoba
- 82.99% attendance recorded for APPSC Group-II exams
- Women entrepreneurs revolutionising India’s start-up scene
- AITS students make a prototype of double pedal operated auto
- Technology & personalised learning in education sector
- 5 top AR applications for Android users
- IIT Kanpur, NMTronics India to launch manufacturing & skills development centre
- 23.75 cr new critical care block to come up at Ruia hospital
Asthma affects children's mental health
Asthma in children would lead to mental and physical health issues said Dr Pavan Kalyan of Kamineni Hospital here on Tuesday.
Vijayawada: Asthma in children would lead to mental and physical health issues said Dr Pavan Kalyan of Kamineni Hospital here on Tuesday. Speaking to the media on the occasion of the World Asthma Day, Dr Kalyan said stiff chest, caught and difficulty in breathing were the symptoms of asthma which prevents the growth among children.
Dr P Vinathi said that asthma was a chronic disease which needs a long time treatment from specialists. To create awareness on asthma, a 'Stop Asthma' programme was organised on the hospital premises. She said asthma could be easily identified in women. Asthma patients should be on medication for a long time else it would turn serious.
She said dust, pet animals, cold, air pollution, mental stress and others would cause asthma, she added. Cipla Zonal head Rajasekhar, regional head Srinivas Raju, Manager, Swamy Hospital staff and others were present