- PM Modi highlights development in Odisha, refrains from attacking BJD govt
- BJP Prez J P Nadda attacks K’taka govt over pro-Pakistan slogans
- Indian scientists identify new catalyst that can boost urea-assisted water splitting
- 4 lakh Kerala youth to be skilled in next 3 years: Rajeev Chandrasekhar
- Congress will win 12-13 Lok Sabha seats in MP: Kamal Nath
- Income Tax Dept allows trusts to rectify their error over Form 10B/10BB till March 31
- Paritala Sriram expresses intention of contesting from Dharmavaram
- Some states slowing capex to maintain fiscal discipline: Bank of Baroda report
- Devineni Avinash distributes pension to 35 people through Devineni Trust
- PM launches projects worth over Rs 19K cr in Odisha
Buy paddy directly from farmers: JC
East Godavari joint collector A Mallijkarjuna asked the rice millers to avoid middlemen in purchase of paddy from farmers for MSP and the millers should purchase directly from farmers.
Kakinada: East Godavari joint collector A Mallijkarjuna asked the rice millers to avoid middlemen in purchase of paddy from farmers for MSP and the millers should purchase directly from farmers. Addressing the millers at collectorate meeting hall on Saturday evening, the JC said that in collecting paddy from paddy purchase centres (PPCs) neither the organisers nor the millers should claim transport charges and only farmers are entitled to get the transport charges if they bring paddy to PPC's on their own.
Mallikarjuna made it clear that the millers who submit bank guarantees by May 20 evening, will be allotted the custom milling of rice (CMR) for milling for the present Rabi season. DM civil supplies M Jayaramulu, DSO P Prasad Rao, East Godavari rice miller's association president Ambati Ramakrishna Reddy and others attended.