- Ross Taylor alleges forced retirement for New Zealand's Neil Wagner ahead of Australia Test series
- Nifty snaps four-day winning streak on account of profit booking
- Roche's new bispecific monoclonal antibody to treat vision loss in India
- Assault On Medical Student By Patient And Friend Sparks Outrage At Tamil Nadu's Vellore Hospital
- Yogi government expanded its cabinet, 4 new ministers Joined
- Delhi: Woman dies after husband sets her ablaze amid quarrel
- Govt targets 5-fold jump in India’s share of global space economy
- Happy Shiva Ratri 2024: Best Messages, Quotes, Wishes, and Greetings to Share on Shiva Ratri
- Bengal Govt moves SC against CBI probe into attack on ED at Sandeshkhali
- Four new ministers inducted in UP Cabinet
Coconut trees at RK beach are falling down due to soil erosion
The beautiful coconut trees which were planted by GVMC in order to improve the tourism sector at the Vizag RK beach are now at the danger zone.
Visakhapatnam: The beautiful coconut trees which were planted by GVMC in order to improve the tourism sector at the Vizag RK beach are now at the danger zone.
Apart from the beautification the coconut trees also provide shade for the morning walkers and to the tourists who visit the beach during the day time.
But now after the effect of Cyclone Fani the coconut trees are falling down one after the another due to the soil erosion caused by the rough sea waves at RK beach here at the city.
The devastating effect of cyclone Fani was seen at the coastal areas of Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram, Srikakulam, Odisha, and West Bengal in the last week.
The 100 trees, which were 15 years old when planted in the sand have grown to a decent size after the plantation drive by GVMC. Which was really a tourists attraction point at the beach.