- Domestic market remains range-bound
- Rapid Obesity Surge: India Faces Alarming Projections by 2030
- Google temporarily reinstates all delisted apps after Centre's intervention
- India, Korea can actively contribute to reshaping global order: EAM Jaishankar
- Maulana Siddiqui delaying trial in mass conversion case, UP govt tells Supreme Court
- India story revolves around robust earnings growth: HSBC's Van Der Linde
- LS polls: Congress likely to join hands with AIADMK in Tamil Nadu
- Punjab Budget: No new taxes, silent on Rs 1,000 for women
- BSP decides contest along with BRS in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections
- Britannia Industries Limited announces a One-day Internship to raise awareness about Croissants
Collector asks officials to take all precautions to face cyclone
Collector Praveen Kumar called upon all the departments to come out with coordinated efforts to face the challenge of Fani cyclone likely to affect the districts in a few days.
Eluru: Collector Praveen Kumar called upon all the departments to come out with coordinated efforts to face the challenge of Fani cyclone likely to affect the districts in a few days. By Monday, the intensity of cyclone will be known clearly, he said.
He directed the officials to take all precautionary measures to be taken to tackle the cyclone here on Saturday. The Collector asked the officials to plan appropriate measures by keenly following the cyclone bulletins issued from time to time.
He directed the special officials to tour the mandals assigned and make arrangements to face the cyclone threat. A video conference would be conducted with the field-level officials on Monday to issue relevant directives on the measures to be taken.
The Collector directed the Civil Supplies officials to shift essential commodities to all the fair price shops in the district in 48 hours. He also instructed the officials to inspect 15 cyclone shelters and monitor the facilities available there.