- Confusion prevails over TDP candidate in Dharmavaram
- Elect Jagan for women empowerment: Peddireddi
- YSRCP suffers a major setback in Chittoor
- North Andhra, a sentimental destination for political parties
- BJP President J P Nadda to arrive on Monday for two-day visit to Karnataka
- Jharkhand: 3 arrested in Spanish woman's gang rape sent to jail, police say search on for 4 more
- Imran Khan’s party elects Gohar Ali Khan as its chairman
- Japanese general witnesses exercise 'Dharma Guardian' at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges
- Centre suffering from 'anti-Punjab' syndrome: Kejriwal
- MP CM, ministers to pray at Ram Temple in Ayodhya on Monday
Crane catches fire at Vizag port
A Harbour Mobile Crane, owned by Seapol Port Private Limited at WQ-7 berth at Visakhapatnam Port Trust, went into flames during early hours on Monday.
Visakhapatnam: A Harbour Mobile Crane, owned by Seapol Port Private Limited at WQ-7 berth at Visakhapatnam Port Trust, went into flames during early hours on Monday. The incident took place at the vessel M V Yasa Falcon Ceilo Di Francisco while unloading DAP into the vessel in the engine room. The vessel was later shifted to a safe zone, away from the berth and the crane operator got off the crane safely, according to sources.
VPT deployed its fire float, shore fire tenders and water tankers for controlling the fire.
The cause of fire prima-facie appears to be short circuit in the engine room of HMC. There are no casualties or injuries and the loss caused to HMC is yet to be assessed. Operations resumed immediately after extinguishing the fire at the berth and the situation came under control.
It may be noted that two cranes met with a similar fate in a gap of 15 days turns out to be a cause for concern over the safety issues at the port and gives rise to suspicion. A couple of weeks ago, a crane was damaged at WQ-1 berth of the port.