- Mary Kom, Bhaker boost morale of marathon participants in Faridabad
- Gujarat Titans wicketkeeper-batter Robin Minz meets with accident, currently under observation; reports
- Telangana: Schools to run half-day from March 15 amid arrival of summer
- 'Tempo of Green's innings stood out for me', says Cummins on all-rounder’s match-winning 174
- Avalanche damage shops in Himachal
- Himachal to introduce e-governance services in all 60 urban local bodies
- Kerala govt suspends College Dean in student death case
- BJP's Pawan Singh not to contest from Asansol, opts out
- IWD 2024: Top 5 Indian Women on International Podium
- Shehbaz Sharif elected Pakistan Prime Minister
Cyclone Fani: Red alert warning issued in Srikakulam district
The officials have issued a warning regarding Cyclone Fani in the Bay of Bengal. It's said that the cyclone is situated at the distance of 270kms from Visakhapatnam and 350kms away from Machilipatnam.
Visakhapatnam: The officials have issued a warning regarding Cyclone Fani in the Bay of Bengal. It's said that the cyclone is situated at the distance of 270kms from Visakhapatnam and 350kms away from Machilipatnam.
The officials said the Cyclon Fani is rapidly moving towards Odisha state. With this, a red alert warning has been issued in 200 villages of 15 mandals in north and coastal areas of Srikakulam district.
The red alert will be continued today and tomorrow over the district. In the coastal mandals of the district, it is expected that the destructive winds will be reaching 120kms to 130kms per hour.
At the coastal mandals of Vizianagaram district, the speedy winds will be reaching 90kms to 110kms per hour.
The officials said the effect of the cyclone will be seen from today midnight till the early hours. The Cyclone Fani has intensified into 'Extremely Severe Cyclonic Storm' over West-central Bay of Bengal.