- TDP ticket aspirants wait with anxiety
- Upset over denial of ticket, Jana Sena leader goes on fast
- Congress to kick-start poll campaign in Anantapur today
- After ‘Hrithik’s ‘Fighter,’ ‘Article 370’ faces ban in Gulf countries
- APPSC Group-2 prelims exam ends peacefully
- MWC 2024: Honor Unveils Magic 6 Pro with AI-Based Eye Tracking; Expected Features, India Availability
- Prestigious award for an engineer of Indian origin in America
- Man dies in a fierce attack by bull at event in Chittoor
- Telangana youth dies of brain stroke in the U.S
- Rs 500 gas cylinders in State from tomorrow, details inside
EG gears up to meet 91 B depression
The state administration is gearing up to meet any eventuality due to 91 B depression, said district collector Kartikeya Mishra.
Kakinada: The state administration is gearing up to meet any eventuality due to 91 B depression, said district collector Kartikeya Mishra. Addressing the media on steps taken on weather disturbance at collectorate on Friday, the collector said that there are different predictions on trajectory of this depression and the exact position will be known on Saturday.
He also said that as per the indications on weather, this depression was presently located in 1,700 km south east of Machilipatnam, and it may develop in to severe cyclonic storm in next 12 hours
With regard to this prediction, alert was declared in the district and the fishermen, who went for fishing in spite of ban, have been requested to return to head quarters by Saturday evening.
The collector also directed them to inform the fisheries department authorities to take further action on the issues. The collector said that the marine police, coast guard and the fisheries departments to be alert on the existing situation and mandal Tashildars and other departmental officers are asked to be in head quarters to take immediate steps if required. Necessary instructions were issued to safeguard the harvesting paddy crop in the district Kartikeya Mishra added.