- Taapsee Pannu and Mathias Boe to Tie the Knot in March with a Sikh-Christian Fusion Wedding: Reports
- Tension grips in Bandi Sanjay's yatra after unknown persons pelt eggs at his convoy
- PayU appoints 5 new members to its Board of Directors
- MI head coach Charlotte Edwards extends Sydney Sixers deal for next two WBBL seasons
- WPL 2024: 'Renuka's two wickets gave Gujarat shock they couldn’t recover from', says Saba Karim
- Tech Mahindra, Pegatron sign MoU to develop AI-enabled private 5G networks
- PM Modi to inaugurate Rs 1,393 cr coalfield projects in Madhya Pradesh tomorrow
- Sachin invites the world to 'come and experience Jammu & Kashmir'
- BJP put up good fight in Assembly polls
- Elaborate arrangements made for Inter exams
Five dead as car hits lorry at Amaravati-Anantapur National Highway
A fatal road accident took place in Prakasam district in the early hours of today where a car collided with a lorry while going to divine darshan leaving five people die on the spot.
A fatal road accident took place in Prakasam district in the early hours of today where a car collided with a lorry while going to divine darshan leaving five people die on the spot. The incident took place on the Amaravati-Anantapur National Highway near Kambham. The police identified all the deceased as belonging to Palanadu district.
According to police details, five family members from Sirigiripadu of Veldurthi mandal of Palanadu district left for Tirupati divine darshan. On the Amaravati-Anantapur National Highway, the car collided with the lorry in front just as it was approaching Kambham. In the accident, the car was crushed and five people who were traveling died on the spot. On receiving the information, the police immediately reached the spot and shifted the dead bodies to the nearby government hospital for post-mortem.
Police have identified the five persons who died in the accident as Jolakanti Nagireddy (24), Palle Anantamma (50), Bhumi Reddy Guramma (70), Chilakala Pedda Animireddy (75) and Chilakala Adilakshmamma (70) as belonging to the same family. Three of them are sisters, one is a brother-in-law and the other is a grandson.