- Raashi Khanna dazzles in stylish promotional look for ‘Yodha’
- Only Bhansali can make you do 8 rounds in a 30-kg costume: Richa Chadha
- Kajol, Kriti Sanon set for a face-off in ‘Do Patti’
- KTR dares Revanth to resign, face him and win from Malkajgiri
- Perni Nani flays Pawan Kalyan, says TDP-Jana Sena will lose in next elections
- Cultural Influences: How Local Traditions Impact Gaming Preferences
- HC issues notice on Shahrukh Pathan's bail plea in 2020 Delhi riots case
- 150 railway stations win FSSAI’s ‘Eat Right’ tag for serving clean, nutritious food
- DGCA implements stricter guidelines for alcohol testing of aviation staff
- PV Narasimha Rao’s biopic on cards; National award-winning filmmaker to helm it
GMC collects `23 cr advance tax
Guntur Municipal Corporation collected advance tax of Rs.23-crore till Tuesday for the financial year 2019-20 from the property tax payers. Comparing to last year, officials collected 1.3 crore more this year.
Guntur: Guntur Municipal Corporation collected advance tax of Rs.23-crore till Tuesday for the financial year 2019-20 from the property tax payers. Comparing to last year, officials collected 1.3 crore more this year. Special counters set up by the GMC worked till 11 pm because Tuesday is last date for the payment of the property tax in advance.
The officials are expecting that advance tax collection will touch Rs.24 crore. The house owners who pay advance tax up to Tuesday will get 5% rebate on the tax. The house owners who will advance tax from Wednesday will not get any rebate.
According to official sources in the GMC, there are 1.67 lakh assessments in Guntur city. Property tax demand is Rs.95 crore for private buildings, including government buildings, the GMC will get 157 crore property tax per annum. For the convenience of the tax payers, the GMC provided facility to pay advance tax with debit card and credit cards.
The GMC conducted campaign on the advance tax collections and sent SMSes alerts to the houses owners for advance tax collections and improved tax collections. Due to general elections, the GMC officials not concentrated on the advance tax collections. After completion of the general elections, the GMC commissioner Srikesh B Lathkar directed the officials to speed up advance tax collections and fixed the targets to the revenue officers. The demand for property tax per annum is Rs. 94-crore.