- Nellore: Newbies to play tug-of-war in 2024 elections
- Devotional extravaganza with Annamayya Sankeerthanas today
- People against Constitution indulging in negative propaganda: CM
- Hyderabad: Training session on identification of critical polling stations held
- Kartik digs Bengaluru’s culinary delights
- Italy announces bilateral security deal with Ukraine
- 5-year-old files PIL seeking removal of liquor shop near school
- Online Gaming Addiction Leads To Matricide: Man Murders Mother For Insurance Payout
- PM Modi Suspends 'Mann Ki Baat' For Three Months Amid Lok Sabha Elections
- PM Modi To Inaugurate Five New AIIMS Campuses, Including Gujarat's First In Rajkot
Guntur gets 2 berths in Jagan's Cabinet
Chief Minister Y S Jaganmohan Reddy gave top priority to Guntur district in allotting Cabinet berths, Prathipadu MLA Mekathoti Sucharita and Mopidevi Venkata Ramana, who defeated in Repalle Assembly constituency.
Guntur: Chief Minister Y S Jaganmohan Reddy gave top priority to Guntur district in allotting Cabinet berths, Prathipadu MLA Mekathoti Sucharita and Mopidevi Venkata Ramana, who defeated in Repalle Assembly constituency. Bapatla MLA Kona Raghupati will be given Deputy Speaker's post. Mekathoti Sucharita is likely to get Deputy Chief Minister's post as she belonged to SC woman category. She was elected twice from Prathipadu Assembly constituency.
Though Mopidevi Venkata Ramana was defeated in Assembly elections, his name was figured in the Council of Ministers list. Bapatla MLA Kona Raghupati will be chosen for Deputy Speaker's post. He was twice elected to Legislative Assembly from Bapatla and staunch supporter of YSRCP. His father Kona Prabhakara Rao worked as Maharashtra Governor.
Taking his family background into consideration, Jagan offered Deputy Speaker's post to Kona Raghupati. During the TDP ruling, Chandrababu Naidu given three Cabinet berths to Guntur district, Nara Lokesh, Prathipati Pulla Rao and Nakka Anand Babu. Similarly, Dr Kodela Kodela Siva Prasada Rao got Speaker's post.