- 'My swearing in ceremony will be in Vizag’: CM
- Taare Zameen Par Sequel Confirmed! Aamir Khan and Darsheel Safary Reteam for ‘Sitaare Zameen Par’
- Ex-CM Shivraj Chouhan turns 65-yr old, politicians extend wishes
- Another jolt to YSRCP as Andhra minister quits party to join TDP
- Tanuj Virwani can't hide his excitement over playing pivotal role in 'Yodha': 'Can't keep calm'
- UP: Decaying Chhota Imambara gates to be restored
- Deposit rush among Indian banks to raise competition for funds
- China drops 'peaceful reunification' reference to Taiwan
- Bengaluru cafe blast case: NIA team inspects blast site
- 'Parivarvad a threat to democracy', PM Modi attacks Oppn
Heavy reactor installed at HPCL-Visakh Refinery
As part of the Visakh Refinery Modernisation Project, Full Conversion Hydro Cracker Unit with a capacity of 3.053 MMTPA is being set up.
Visakhapatnam: As part of the Visakh Refinery Modernisation Project, Full Conversion Hydro Cracker Unit with a capacity of 3.053 MMTPA is being set up. While Universal Oil Products is the licensor for this unit, engineers India Limited is the project management consultant.
The first and second stage reactors are important for the unit. The first stage reactor with an erection weight of 1,646 MT has a wall thickness of 254.5 mm and stands 55.6 metres tall. The second stage reactor weighs at 454 MT and has a wall thickness of 184.5 mm and is 28.5 metre tall.
Both the reactors were supplied by Larsen and Toubro Limited. A special purpose multi axle was used for transportation from HSL jetty to HPCL-Visakh Refinery project site. All activities were closely monitored and reviewed by the HPCL-VRMP senior management in tune with safety, quality and schedule.
After erecting the second stage reactor successfully, the first stage reactor was set up on Tuesday using the 3,200 MT MSG 80 crane along with tailing frame of 2,000 MT capacity resting on a SPMT of 1,540 MT. According to the officials, this is one of the heaviest reactors erected in single piece in the Indian Oil Industry.