- Other states following Assam's cancer care model: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- TalentSprint announces new program ‘WISH’ for Women Engineering students
- IAF C-130J makes safe landing at Begumpet airport after technical snag
- Canadian International School hosts its 10th edition of Model United Nations conference
- Nirmala Sitharaman launches Rs 1,000 cr worth infra projects
- Arun Singh Dhumal welcomes England team with 'perfect conditions' at HPCA
- Hindu teacher acquitted in blasphemy case after five years in Pakistan
- 10 Manipur tribal MLAs urge Centre not to cancel 'Suspension of Operations' pact with Kuki militant outfits
- Financial Intelligence Unit slaps Rs 5.49 cr penalty on Paytm Payments Bank
- I want to quit as Trinamool spokesman, but continue as party soldier: Kunal Ghosh
Heavy rush at Durga temple
Sri Durga Malleswara Swamy Varla Devasthaanm witnessed heavy rush on Sunday as a large number of devotees visited the temple.
Vijayawada: Sri Durga Malleswara Swamy Varla Devasthaanm witnessed heavy rush on Sunday as a large number of devotees visited the temple. The rush suddenly increased as this is the last Sunday in summer holidays for the schools and colleges.
The heavy rush continued till afternoon and dropped thereafter. The rush again picked up in the evening. By evening 7 pm, more than 80,000 devotees had darshan of Goddess Kanaka Durga atop Indrakeeladri.
Expecting heavy rush on Sunday, the officials made elaborate arrangements for the convenience of devotees. Special queues were also arranged for the easy movement of devotees. Along with cold water, buttermilk was also provided to the devotees considering the hot weather.