- Domestic market remains range-bound
- Rapid Obesity Surge: India Faces Alarming Projections by 2030
- Google temporarily reinstates all delisted apps after Centre's intervention
- India, Korea can actively contribute to reshaping global order: EAM Jaishankar
- Maulana Siddiqui delaying trial in mass conversion case, UP govt tells Supreme Court
- India story revolves around robust earnings growth: HSBC's Van Der Linde
- LS polls: Congress likely to join hands with AIADMK in Tamil Nadu
- Punjab Budget: No new taxes, silent on Rs 1,000 for women
- BSP decides contest along with BRS in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections
- Britannia Industries Limited announces a One-day Internship to raise awareness about Croissants
Huge response for cancer walk
To help build awareness on head and neck cancer among people, a walkathon was being organsied by Apollo Hospitals in association with the walkers’ associations at RK Beach on Sunday morning.
Visakhapatnam: To help build awareness on head and neck cancer among people, a walkathon was being organsied by Apollo Hospitals in association with the walkers' associations at RK Beach on Sunday morning.
Raising slogans and displaying banners and placards that highlighted preventive measures, a number of clubs and associations such as Madhavadhara Mahila Walkers Club, Three Star Walkers Club and SVLN Walkers Club teamed up for the walkathon.
Flagged off by VIMS Director K Satya Vara Prasad, presidents of various walkers' associations, Apollo Hospitals unit head Sami, among others, the walkathon began at Kali Mata temple and concluded at YMCA.
Emphasising the need to identify symptoms of cancer early, the organisers said the walkathon aimed at dissuading people from consuming alcohol apart from smoking and chewing tobacco which are known risk factors for most head and neck cancers.
Soon, a radiation-oncology block will be launched at Apollo Hospitals, Health City, Arilova, the organisers added. A screening camp also formed as part of the event. Consultants and staff of the hospital participated in the awareness rally.