- PIL in SC seeks directions to Centre and States to consider reasonable demands of farmers
- ISL 2023-24: Bengaluru FC push for playoffs against Hyderabad FC in Sunil Chhetri's 150th outing
- Creditors face haircut of 68% on admitted claims under IBC
- Shri Ramcharitmanas row: SC grants 2 weeks to UP government to file its reply on Swami Prasad Maurya's plea
- PVL Season 3: Calicut Heroes blaze through Delhi Toofans to get dominant win
- NewsClick row: Court grants Delhi Police 20 more days to file charge sheet in UAPA case
- Swaad of South Unveils Newest Outlet in Madhapur, Offering a Fusion of Tradition and Innovation in South Indian Vegetarian Cuisine
- This universal story about the tragic isolation of old age will move and stir Kannada and Telugu audiences: Deepak Qazir Kejriwal
- NIT Calicut and Vehant Technologies Signs MoU to Co-Teach Students and Jointly Work on AI/ML Projects
- List of Environmentally-Friendly Products Spearheading Green Movement for a Healthier Planet
Irregular parking of vehicles obstructs traffic at RTC complex in Srikakulam
Irregular parking of bikes and other vehicles at APSRTC complex premises in Srikakulam district headquarters is causing a lot of inconvenience to other commuters and buses.
Srikakulam: Irregular parking of bikes and other vehicles at APSRTC complex premises in Srikakulam district headquarters is causing a lot of inconvenience to other commuters and buses.
There are three bike parking places allotted within the complex premises. To drop and pick up passengers, bikes and cars are entering through main gates. As a result, at entry and exit points, the traffic is blocked. "Due to irregular parking of bikes and other vehicles, we are unable to enter and exit from the complex," a bus driver J S Chalam said. For a short duration, bike riders and car drivers are not willing to park their vehicles at parking places. Another reason for indiscriminate parking of vehicles and bikes is charging of minimum fee is Rs 10 for bike which is high. "Minimum charge for parking of bike is Rs 10 even for five to ten minutes which is irrational," a bike rider A K Raju said.
Between entry and exit gates, one location has been allotted for temporary parking but daily service employees are using this place to avoid parking fee of Rs 10. Security guards from a private agency were appointed here but they are not properly identifying parking of bikes by daily service employees at temporary parking place. "Temporary parking place is being misused by daily service employees," admitted RTC depot manager D Dhilleswara Rao and station manager K Venkata Rao.
"We are instructing security staff to identify long time parking vehicles and impose penalty on them and educate them to park their vehicles at parking places by paying Rs 10 for 24 hours," they added.