- LG flags off Viksit Bharat Sankalp Yatra in Delhi
- IFFI 2023: Golden Peacock Award nomination a proud moment for ‘Kantara’ team, says Rishab Shetty
- Kerala High Court initiates contempt case against 29 lawyers for misbehaving with woman Magistrate
- iOS17 update adds new feature that raises privacy concern
- Women are way ahead of time in today’s world, says Vidya Balan
- Nani, Shruti Haasan comes with a party anthem ‘Odiyamma’ from ‘Hi Nanna’
- IOC corners more than a third of D6 gas in latest Reliance auction
- 30-plus countries to participate in Bengaluru Tech Summit starting tomorrow
- Producer Subhash Nuthalapati speaks high about ‘Atharva’
- Tata Expands iPhone Case Production, To Create 28,000 New Jobs
Judicial probe into boat capsize demanded in Rajamahendravaram
Leaders of various political parties have unanimously demanded that the government order a judicial inquiry into the boat capsize in which 54 tourists were drowned in River Godavari on September 15.
Rajamahendravaram: Leaders of various political parties have unanimously demanded that the government order a judicial inquiry into the boat capsize in which 54 tourists were drowned in River Godavari on September 15.
In the all-party meeting held at Anam Rotary Hall here on Friday, Ganni Krishna, Adireddy Appa Rao and YVG Raidu (TDP), former MP GV Harsha Kumar, Muppalla Subba Rao (AP Bar Council member), N Srinivas (Congress), M Srinvas (RPC) SN Murthi (CPM) and Y Lakshmi (CPI) and others were present.
They demanded the government to take steps to retrieve the sunken boat immediately and pay Rs 10 lakh to the members of the tribal community who saved the lives of 26 tourists, Rs 25 lakh compensation to the family members of the deceased and take action against those officials who gave permission to the tourist boats in the river.
The leaders also alleged that so far, the State government has not initiated any action relating to the boat mishap.