- Other states following Assam's cancer care model: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- TalentSprint announces new program ‘WISH’ for Women Engineering students
- IAF C-130J makes safe landing at Begumpet airport after technical snag
- Canadian International School hosts its 10th edition of Model United Nations conference
- Nirmala Sitharaman launches Rs 1,000 cr worth infra projects
- Arun Singh Dhumal welcomes England team with 'perfect conditions' at HPCA
- Hindu teacher acquitted in blasphemy case after five years in Pakistan
- 10 Manipur tribal MLAs urge Centre not to cancel 'Suspension of Operations' pact with Kuki militant outfits
- Financial Intelligence Unit slaps Rs 5.49 cr penalty on Paytm Payments Bank
- I want to quit as Trinamool spokesman, but continue as party soldier: Kunal Ghosh
Kadapa district reels under heatwave
Besides, coronavirus scare, people of the district have been facing hardships due to heat wave as the day temperature registers 46 degrees centigrade
Kadapa: Besides, coronavirus scare, people of the district have been facing hardships due to heat wave as the day temperature registers 46 degrees centigrade.
In emergencies, people are forced to move out by taking precautions like sporting a cap or covering their heads with cloth or carrying umbrellas. Elderly persons are not moving out of their houses fearing sunstroke or dehydration. Sellers of fruit, juices, butter milk, tender coconuts and ACs are making brisk business with the customers making a beeline to their outlets after the administration lifted the lockdown restrictions. Meanwhile the District Medical and Health Officer N Uma Sundari said that her department has already initiated precautionary measures. She said they have stored adequate stock of ORS sachets with all PHCs in the district.