- NEET Aspirant, 21, Takes Life In Kota, Marking 29th Suicide This Year
- Major Cocaine Bust At Paradip Port: 22 Kg Haul Worth ₹220 Crore Seized From Indonesian Cargo Ship
- Karnataka govt won't indulge in preventing any act of creative expressions: Siddaramaiah
- Delhi HC grants anticipatory bail to Unnao gang-rape victim, mother in forgery case
- 4th T20I: Rinku, Jitesh, Jaiswal help India to 174/9 against Australia
- Suvendu Adhikari files RTI seeking details of recruitment in state health services since 2011
- Games24x7 joins hands with K'taka govt for GameTech Accelerate programme
- Long Covid patients may suffer chest pain, abnormal heart rhythms long-term
- Haryana DGP says 'women's safety will be priority'
- Election Commission revises Mizoram's vote-counting date to December 4
Kadapa: Red sanders logs worth Rs 40 Lakh seized, 7 held
Red Sanders Anti-Smuggling Task Force sleuths arrested a 7-member gang and recovered Rs 40 lakh worth 430 kgs weighed 22 red sanders logs, a car, auto and lorry from them between Venkata Reedy Palle-Maravari Palle villages in Railway Kodur mandal on Wednesday.
Kadapa: Red Sanders Anti-Smuggling Task Force sleuths arrested a 7-member gang and recovered Rs 40 lakh worth 430 kgs weighed 22 red sanders logs, a car, auto and lorry from them between Venkata Reedy Palle-Maravari Palle villages in Railway Kodur mandal on Wednesday.
The accused were identified as G Rajesh, A Nagaiah (Surapurajupalle), N Narayana (Venkata Reddy palle), A Chandrasaker (Gangaraju palle), A Veeranjaneyulu (Ayyaraju palle), A Appaiah (Raghava Raju puram of Railway Kodur mandal) and R Chengal Raju (Subbaraju Palle village of Rajampet mandal of YSR Kadapa district.
According to the Railway Kodur Red Sanders Task Force CI Krupanandam, while police were conducting combing operations in the forest areas in Railway Kodur mandal, they noticed the smugglers loading logs into lorry and auto between Venkata Reddy palle and Maravari palle villages in the wee hours of Wednesday.
Police surrounded the culprits and recovered 22 logs from them. He said that some persons managed to escape from the spot. Searching operations launched to detain the remaining accused. A case has been registered by Red Sanders Task Force police.