- In wake of fresh violence, Centre sends senior police officer to Manipur
- Air pollution may spur risk of stroke within 5 days: Study
- Money laundering via illicit trade hovering at 5% of India’s GDP, says CII study
- Hot flashes in women linked with heart disease, Alzheimer’s
- Top Australian universities fall in global rankings
- Congress Party resorts to the Operation as it has lost its charisma: Former CM Bommai
- SC asks petitioners to move HC over PIL against high air fares for Gulf countries
- ChatGPT can now browse the web to provide info in real time
- Choreographer who broke traffic rules 99 times, got caught for 100th time
- World Heart Day: How heart health tools on Apple Watch can save many lives
Kakinada: Ruchi Soya employees demand wages
The employees of Ruchi Soya Industries Ltd on Saturday staged a dharna in front of the Collectorate demanding the management of company to pay minimum wages and respect laws
Kakinada: The employees of Ruchi Soya Industries Ltd on Saturday staged a dharna in front of the Collectorate demanding the management of company to pay minimum wages and respect laws.
CITU district secretary C Rajkumar alleged that the company management was not increasing wages and giving bonuses for the last four years. Rajkumar said that for the last two years, employees and contractors have been criticising the government for not increasing wages and giving bonuses for four years and even the company has not implemented the PF and ESI benefits to the workers.
He criticised the management for not following security facilities in the company. He said the company did not stop its work in lockdown period and workers were forced to work uninterruptedly to make a profit for the management.
Rajkumar demanded that the district officials should intervene and address the legitimate demands of the company workers. Later they submitted a representation to the officials at Collectorate. M Venkata Ramana, Palivela Veerababu, Ch Bapiraju and others were present.