- 2 held for murder of youth
- Gadkari urges auto industry, stakeholders to promote vehicle scrapping policy
- ‘Modi means guarantee of fulfillment of promises,’ says PM in Jaipur
- Musical fountains, a new attraction at Durgam Cheruvu
- Centre undermining federalism, says Chidambaram
- The 9th Edition of TEDxHyderabad 2023 - Ignite Creates an Unforgettable Symposium of Ideas and Inspiration
- 'China’s unfair trade practices have forced EU to become more assertive'
- SC issues notice on plea seeking 25% higher benefits for specially-abled individuals under social security schemes
- NSE plans to extend F&O trading hours; seeks Sebi's nod
- Congress should quiz Sharad Pawar on meetings with Adani Group: Prakash Ambedkar
Visakhapatnam: Kanna exudes confidence that BJP will emerge stronger
Commenting on the 100-day rule of the YSRCP, Lakshminarayana says the administration is not in tune with the aspirations of people. Over 150 leaders join BJP fold
Visakhapatnam: Over 150 leaders from Araku, Paderu and other tribal areas of Visakhapatnam district joined the BJP in the presence of party State president Kanna Lakshminarayana in the city on Wednesday.
The leaders, some of them belonged to the TDP and the Jana Sena Party, were led by former ZPTC member P Raja Rao.
Welcoming them into the party fold, Lakshminarayana said the BJP was emerging stronger in the State.
Commenting on the 100-day rule of the YSRCP, Lakshminarayana said though the people gave huge mandate to the party, its rule was not in tune with their aspirations.
"Several decisions taken by Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy drew flak from people. He failed to take proper decisions. Decisions like imposing prohibitory orders in Palnadu were faulty," he said.
On the death of former Assembly Speaker Kodela Siva Prasada Rao, he said it was unfortunate to politicise the issue by both the TDP and YSRCP. The programme was attended by former MP K Haribabu, BJP leaders Vishnu Kumar Raju, P V N Madhav, among others.