- PIL in SC seeks directions to Centre and States to consider reasonable demands of farmers
- ISL 2023-24: Bengaluru FC push for playoffs against Hyderabad FC in Sunil Chhetri's 150th outing
- Creditors face haircut of 68% on admitted claims under IBC
- Shri Ramcharitmanas row: SC grants 2 weeks to UP government to file its reply on Swami Prasad Maurya's plea
- PVL Season 3: Calicut Heroes blaze through Delhi Toofans to get dominant win
- NewsClick row: Court grants Delhi Police 20 more days to file charge sheet in UAPA case
- Swaad of South Unveils Newest Outlet in Madhapur, Offering a Fusion of Tradition and Innovation in South Indian Vegetarian Cuisine
- This universal story about the tragic isolation of old age will move and stir Kannada and Telugu audiences: Deepak Qazir Kejriwal
- NIT Calicut and Vehant Technologies Signs MoU to Co-Teach Students and Jointly Work on AI/ML Projects
- List of Environmentally-Friendly Products Spearheading Green Movement for a Healthier Planet
Kona Raghupathi to get Deputy Speaker's post
While former Governor of Maharashtra Kona Prabhakar Rao worked as Assembly Speaker for combined state of Andhra Pradesh in 1980-81 in the Congress government, his son Kona Raghupati will get Deputy Speaker's post in the YSRCP government in the state.
Guntur: While former Governor of Maharashtra Kona Prabhakar Rao worked as Assembly Speaker for combined state of Andhra Pradesh in 1980-81 in the Congress government, his son Kona Raghupati will get Deputy Speaker's post in the YSRCP government in the state.
Raghupati, a staunch supporter of YSRCP, was twice elected to Legislative Assembly on the YSRCP ticket from Bapatla Assembly constituency. Since the inception of party, he was loyal to Jagan Mohan Reddy.
Considering his loyalty towards party, Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy rewarded him by offering the Deputy Speaker's post to him.
Actually, Kona Raghupati was to get berth in Cabinet or Speaker's post, due to caste equations, the party chief considered his name for Deputy Speaker's post. Kona Prabhakar had worked as Governor of Sikkim and Maharashtra states. In the Congress government, Dr Nadendla Mahohar worked as Speaker of combined state of AP. He was the last speaker of united AP and hailed from Guntur district.
After bifurcation of the state, Dr Kodela Siva Prasada Rao was the first Speaker and he too hailed from Guntur district. Both Dr Nadendla Manohar and Dr Kodela Siva Prasada Rao were defeated in the recent elections.