- AAP Names Sitting MLAs As Lok Sabha Candidates In Delhi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Two-Day Developmental Tour Across Kerala, Tamil Nadu, And Maharashtra
- Sony to lay off 900 employees from PlayStation gaming division
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi Unveils ₹41,000 Crore Worth Of Railway Infrastructure Projects
- Unveiling the OnePlus Watch 2: A Certified Military Edition- Date, Price, Features, and Details of the Sale
- Centre approves Rs 1,935cr worth highway projects for Himachal, Uttarakhand
- Eye on polls, Maha budget targets thrust areas to achieve $1 Trillion economy
- Delhi HC grants dynamic injunction to Star India against 21 rogue websites
- YS Jagan meets party leaders in Mangalagiri, says emphasises on govt. achievements
- Centre approves highway projects worth Rs 2,333cr in UP, Jharkhand
Kurnool: 42 students fall sick after midday meal
- Soon after consuming food, children begin complain of vomiting
- School staff rush them to Nandyal govt hospital where all of them are recovering
Kurnool: Forty-two students of government primary school fell sick after consuming contaminated meal at Viswa Nagar Colony in Nandyal town on Friday. All the children were rushed to Nandyal government hospital where they are recovering.
According to information, students of the school as usual consumed midday meal in the school. Soon afterwards, one after another they began vomiting. The school officials immediately took the affected students to Nandyal government general hospital.
Of the 42 students, five were said to be in serious condition and were kept under doctors' observation. The parents of the students on learning of the incident rushed to the hospital. However, the doctors at the hospital said that all the students of out of danger and the children could be discharged at any moment.
When the incident was reported on television channels and social media, education minister Audimulapu Suresh contacted the district officials to enquire. He also spoke to the district education officer (DEO) Ranga Reddy and directed him to provide quality treatment to the children.
Nandyal MLA Shilpa Ravi Chandra Kishore Reddy who is attending Assembly session expressed shock over the incident and spoke to doctors.
DEO Ranga Reddy told the media that 81 students, both boys and girls, had lunch in the shcool. Initially, 19 students complained of vomiting and later some other students also fell sick. In total, 42 students had taken ill after consuming the food..
District collector P Koteshwara Rao accompanied by other officials also visited Nandyal hospital and enquired about the incident. He ordered a probe and said them to submit him a report within twenty four hours.