- How online learning is transforming teaching careers?
- Swami Vivekananda U20 National Football to kickstart in April
- Mumbai woman cured of epilepsy after part of her brain removed
- MP-PSC delegation presents 66th report to Governor Mangubhai Patel
- Political googly? Sharad Pawar invites Maha CM, Deputy CMs home for dinner
- Sharad Pawar Extends Dinner Invitation Amidst Political Tensions In Baramati
- India's GDP growth surges to 8.4 per cent in Q3, 2023-24 growth rate pegged at robust 7.6 per cent
- SCBA GBM to discuss nomination of women advocates as Executive Members within two months
- Anant National University organises International Symposium on Architecture for All: Call of the Future
- Protein linked to Parkinson's also key for normal brain work: IIT Mandi study
Kurnool: CPM leaders protest against steep hike in power bills
Kurnool: Former MLA and central committee member of Communist Party (Marxist) of India (CPM), MA Gaffoor came down heavily on the state government for...
Kurnool: Former MLA and central committee member of Communist Party (Marxist) of India (CPM), MA Gaffoor came down heavily on the state government for levying hefty power bills. Protesting against the hike in power bills, the left parties staged a stir in front of Vidyut Bhavan here on Monday.
The central commit tee member, Gaffoor addressing the gathering, alleged that state government in the name of power regulatory commission has hiked power charges and that too during lockdown period. With the changes brought in meter reading and slab system, hefty amounts of power bills are being generated, he said.
The amounts in present bills are nearly ten times more than what the consumers were getting earlier. But the officials are saying the bill is due to more consumption of power. He said the state government will lose its rights on the power sector due to amendments made by central government in the Acts.
District secretary, K Prabhakar Reddy also condemned abnormal increase in power bills. He urged the government to immediately withdraw the hike in power bills.
District leaders, T Shadrak, P Nirmala, Radha Krishna, Narasimha, Chalapathi Guru Sekhar, Aruna, Kirnamai, T Lakshmi, Nomeshwari, Jhansi, Shankar, Hussain Basha, Rama Krishna and Mohan participated.