- Appeal to all not to create cult of violence: Kerala Guv after meeting dead student's family
- ED discussing with CBI, NIA ways to get Shahjahan in central agency custody: Sources
- Savouring Goodness: SpiceJet's in-flight hot-spicy-healthy cuisine with a noble cause
- Blast in Bengaluru cafe, five injured
- Death toll in Bangladesh building fire rises to 45
- Hyderabad VIPs Named in Drug Case: Are Director & Actor on the Run?
- NC, PDP & Congress firming up for pre-poll alliance in J&K
- YS Jagan releases Jagananna Vidya Deevena funds
- Which Tea Helps you Lose Weight: Green Tea or Butterfly Pea Tea?
- Centre fast-tracks bypass projects to decongest Indore, Guwahati
Man sentenced to life imprisonment
The sixth additional district cum Mahila Court Judge on Friday sentenced Saripalli Pentayya on charge of killing his wife by dousing her in kerosene and setting her on fire.
Visakhapatnam: The sixth additional district cum Mahila Court Judge on Friday sentenced Saripalli Pentayya on charge of killing his wife by dousing her in kerosene and setting her on fire.
According to Public prosecutor R Srinivasa Rao, who conducted the case, Pentayya was addicted to vices and when his wife prevented him from the exercise, he poured kerosene on her before setting her on fire in a fit of rage at their residence in Pedagantyada under New port police station limits in Gajuwaka.
Judge Rajani sentenced Pentayya to life imprisonment and a fine of Rs 10,000 rupees.