- Pearl Academy explores the intersection of creativity and technology at its flagship event What’s Next
- Awareness programme Will be on PM VishwaKarma yojana on Tuesday
- Raveena soaks up some sunshine in Tadoba
- I will be in the contest Former TDP MLA Vetukuri Sivarama Raju
- Pawan asked me to go to Nidadavolu: Kandula Durgesh
- Filmmaker VN Aditya receives Doctorate from George Washington University of Peace, America
- Samsung to unveil Galaxy Ring at Mobile World Congress
- Kavitha urges CBI to withdraw notice in Delhi excise policy case
- PM Modi’s visit to Dwarkadhish temple, a message for Lord Krishna devouts?
- Nani collaborates with ‘OG’ director Sujeeth
Mangal Pandey's sacrifices recalled
Secretary of the Forum for Better Bapatla P C Sai Babu said that the rebellion of 1857 was considered the first blow that came to shatter the British rule in India that began on May 10,1857.
Bapatla: Secretary of the Forum for Better Bapatla P C Sai Babu said that the rebellion of 1857 was considered the first blow that came to shatter the British rule in India that began on May 10,1857. He said it was popularly known as first war of Indian independence and gave the British rulers jitters as they never imagined that Indians would fight unitedly.
The 162nd anniversary of first war of Indian Independence was celebrated here on Friday under the aegis of Forum for Better Bapatla in the Bapatla town on Friday. The photo of first martyr Mangal Pandey was garlanded and rich tributes were paid to the great leader by P C Sai Babu and Velugu APM Inaganti Lakshmi Kumari.
He said the revolt created a sense of unity and nationality among Indians by uniting them politically, culturally and socially against the foreign rule and added that the first martyr of the revolt was Mangal Pandey and the war was the result of accumulation of many factors over time.
He said some of the other rebellions and leaders included Rani Lakshmibai, Kunwar Singh, Bahadur Shah, Nana Saheb, Tantia Tope and Begum Hazrat Mahal who made tremendous sacrifices for the liberation of our motherland.