- Popular TS leaders’ statues to adorn Tank Bund
- YSRCP second-rung leaders want sitting MLAs changed
- Pak-bound ship with N-parcel seized
- Farmers cry hoarse for justice amidst borewell seizures
- 42-target set for Bengal BJP
- Modi from Varanasi again
- Traffic restrictions imposed ahead of PM Modi's Adilabad visit
- 13th CREDAI Hyderabad Property Show from March 8
- CM Revanth Reddy anguished over malnutrition among women, children in TS
- Gold rate in Visakhapatnam surges, check the rates on 3 March, 2024
More CCTVs to curb crime in city
Director General of Police R P Thakur on Thursday said that to place a check on growing crime rate in Visakhapatnam, which is known to be a peaceful city, large number of CC cameras will be installed to step up vigil.
Visakhapatnam: Director General of Police R P Thakur on Thursday said that to place a check on growing crime rate in Visakhapatnam, which is known to be a peaceful city, large number of CC cameras will be installed to step up vigil.
Inaugurating the new building of Harbour Police Station in One Town area here on Thursday, the DGP said the station aims at providing all basic amenities to the departmental personnel. The DGP said it was built with the land and funds supported by the Visakhapatnam Port Trust (VPT) as part of its CSR initiative. VPT sanctioned site, extending 1,110 sq.mt for the construction which was completed within 10 months.
Further, the DGP attributed the spurt in crime rate in the city to rise in population. Of late, cybercrime also posing a challenge to the police, he mentioned.The inaugural was held in the presence of VPT Chairman MT Krishna Babu, Commissioner of Police Mahesh Chandra Laddha, Joint Collector G Srijana, among others.