- Suspected IED blast kills student in Manipur, another injured
- Asian Track Cycling: Arshad Shaikh, Jyoti Gaderiya win their third gold; Harshita bags silver as India claims four medals
- Corporate earnings surprised on the upside due to improvement in margins
- Ashok Chavan 'injures' Congress again, 55 Nanded ex-corporators join BJP
- Adani Group, Uber to form JV to help expand fleet on green energy?
- One killed as fire breaks out in Singapore apartment
- Two soldiers killed after helicopter crashes in US
- No difference of opinion between me and Satheesan, says Sudhakaran after show of temper
- ‘Farmers first’ policy is Modi govt's resolve to boost their income: A look at key initiatives
- KIUG 2023: Shooter Tejaswini bags Delhi University’s first medal; Chandigarh on top of medal table
No permissions for rallies on May 23: Collector
East Godavari collector Kartikeya Mishra said that necessary security arrangements have been made at counting centres for smooth conduct of vote counting process.
Kakinada: East Godavari collector Kartikeya Mishra said that necessary security arrangements have been made at counting centres for smooth conduct of vote counting process. The collector reviewed the security arrangements for counting with East Godavari SP Vishal Gunni, Rajamahendravaram urban SP Shemushi Bajpai, and returning officers of various constituencies in the district at collectorate on Saturday evening.
In this connection, the collector asked both the police chiefs that DSP cadre officer will have to be in-charges for each counting centre. In addition to this, more number of police personnel will be required in each centre for smooth conduct of counting .The collector said no unauthorised person will be allowed in to the counting halls.
The collector said that three vehicles for LS contesting candidates and 2 for assembly candidates will be allowed on the day for counting process. Kartikeya Mishra also said that sec144 will be imposed in the district on the day of counting and no rallies will be permitted in the district head quarters Kakinada and towards Rajamahendravaram and Amalapuram. The collector also directed the officials not to allow function halls in Kakinada to be allotted to political parties.
A separate control room will also be established at JNTU-K to monitor the counting, the collector said. Vishal Gunni SP East Godavari said that 911 police personnel will be deployed for counting and special parties will also attend the duties for counting. A Mallikarjuna JC, Nishant kumar, PO ITDA Rampachodavaram, Sumit Kumar Gandhi, Rajamahendravaram Muncipal Commissioner and ROs attended the meeting.