- Goa to ban dog breed attacking humans, says CM Sawant
- ML study links reduced sleep and activity to premature birth
- MP Minister Yashodhara Raje Scindia not to contest coming Assembly polls
- California's longest serving Senator Dianne Feinstein dies at 90
- Danish Ali writes to PM Modi highlights threats, seeks his immediate attention on Bidhuri's episode
- AASU sweeps Gauhati University students' polls; ABVP bags 1 post
- 12 state-of-the-art libraries opened in Punjab, 16 more to come up
- The IT minister KTR laid foundation stone at Wanaparthy district
- Railways denied special train for TMC supporters to travel to Delhi: Abhishek Banerjee
- London Indian Film Festival 2023 expands to more UK cities
Overhaul Rayalaseema University admin: AISF
The All India Students Federation (AISF) leaders tried to lay seize the Rayalaseema University (RU) here on Friday,
Kurnool: The All India Students Federation (AISF) leaders tried to lay seize the Rayalaseema University (RU) here on Friday, demanding to make changes in the varsity administration for putting an end to rampant corruption.
The leaders attempted to enter the RU campus by jumping the compound wall. But the police prevented them. As they continued protest, the police lathi-charged and took them into custody.
G Ranganna, AISF State general secretary, has alleged that varsity officials collecting more money from students, who are appearing for supplementary and instant exams. He also accused them of collecting unauthorised amount from BEd, MEd and MPEd students.
The AISF leader sought probe into misappropriation of funds in purchase of furniture for the RU Engineering College. He also demanded the RU officials to take control of 10 acres of varsity land encroached by others. AISF district general secretary E Sriramulu and other leaders participated in the protest.