- BJP President J P Nadda to arrive on Monday for two-day visit to Karnataka
- Jharkhand: 3 arrested in Spanish woman's gang rape sent to jail, police say search on for 4 more
- Imran Khan’s party elects Gohar Ali Khan as its chairman
- Japanese general witnesses exercise 'Dharma Guardian' at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges
- Centre suffering from 'anti-Punjab' syndrome: Kejriwal
- MP CM, ministers to pray at Ram Temple in Ayodhya on Monday
- Tejashwi responds to Modi's barbs about father Lalu Prasad at Patna rally
- CCL: Riteish's Mumbai Heroes pull off thrilling 1-run win over Bhojpuri Dabanggs
- UAE: Sharjah Ramadan Festival 2024 to begin on March 8
- Bengal BJP chief injured as car in his convoy meets with accident
People rush to buy gold for Akshaya Tritiya
Despite price of gold is rising in the bullion market, heavy rush was seen at the gold and silver showrooms in Proddatur even as Akshaya Tritiya falls on Tuesday.
Kadapa: Despite price of gold is rising in the bullion market, heavy rush was seen at the gold and silver showrooms in Proddatur even as Akshaya Tritiya falls on Tuesday.
Hectic business activity was seen in gold shops located in main bazaar as there are marriage muhurthams in this month.
The showrooms are offering different schemes to attract the customers in view of Akshaya Tritiya which is said to be a good occasion for purchasing yellow metal.
On Monday, the cost of a gram (24 carat) gold stood at Rs 3,285 and (22 carat) at Rs 3,037. "It will be good if we purchase gold for Akshaya Tritiya festival. We want to purchase at least a small gold ornament on Akshaya Tritiya which is an indication of Goddess Lakshmi Devi is in our house," said M Jagadeeswari of Proddatur town.
It is learnt that some showrooms are giving 8 per cent discount on all diamond jewellery. However, showroom managements have refused to comment over discount due to GST issue.
When contacted by The Hans
India, Bullion Merchant Association State vice-president B Ramamohan said that gold traders are not giving much priority to the Akshaya Tritiya as sentiment was in existence for the last 16 years in the town.