- How online learning is transforming teaching careers?
- Swami Vivekananda U20 National Football to kickstart in April
- Mumbai woman cured of epilepsy after part of her brain removed
- MP-PSC delegation presents 66th report to Governor Mangubhai Patel
- Political googly? Sharad Pawar invites Maha CM, Deputy CMs home for dinner
- Sharad Pawar Extends Dinner Invitation Amidst Political Tensions In Baramati
- India's GDP growth surges to 8.4 per cent in Q3, 2023-24 growth rate pegged at robust 7.6 per cent
- SCBA GBM to discuss nomination of women advocates as Executive Members within two months
- Anant National University organises International Symposium on Architecture for All: Call of the Future
- Protein linked to Parkinson's also key for normal brain work: IIT Mandi study
Public welfare is important than elections: Pinipe Viswaroopu
The YSR Congress Party is not afraid of any elections but the government is concerned over the public health and welfare and will approach the supreme court for the postponement of panchayat elections
Ongole: The YSR Congress Party is not afraid of any elections but the government is concerned over the public health and welfare and will approach the supreme court for the postponement of panchayat elections, said the minister for social welfare, Pinipe Viswaroopu.
The minister is in Ongole to participate in the flagging off of ration door delivery vehicles on Thursday and said that the high court single judge has agreed to the government's worry over the spread of Coronavirus and stayed the panchayat election process, but the bench announced a different version today. He said that there are still higher courts and the government will utilize its opportunity. He said that the public has given 51 percent of votes and 85 percent seats in the assembly and opined that the government is concerned over their health, but not worries over elections.