- Esri India, CKS to train 5 lakh students in geospatial tech skills in 5 yrs
- Lok Sabha elections dates are likely to be announced after March 13
- Delhi High Court dismisses plea to offer prayers at demolished 600-yr-old mosque on Shab-e-Barat
- BJP protests in Karnataka Assembly against Siddaramaiah govt's resolution
- UPA govt refused to hike Karnataka’s share from 30% to 40%: BJP
- MEA responds to Indians caught in conflict in Russia, urges caution
- IIT Bombay’s new low-cost, thin coating material can reduce record heat
- Elon Musk says Gmail’s alternative Xmail is coming soon
- Goa AAP MLA demands dropping of cases against ‘mob’ involved in attacking BJP minister
- Six killed in millitary, NPA rebels clash in Philippines
Pune-based donor donates a rare blood type
In a rare gesture, a person has come all the way to Visakhapatnam from Pune with his own expenditure to donate blood voluntarily
Visakhapatnam : In a rare gesture, a person has come all the way to Visakhapatnam from Pune with his own expenditure to donate blood voluntarily to a woman suffering from a blood disorder.
The patient, Sangeetha, who is getting treatment at a hospital in the city, was in search of blood, Bombay blood group, also known as HH blood type, a very rare blood type found in one out of 10,000 Indians.
Those who belong to this blood group can accept a donor belonging to the same blood type.
In order to treat her disorder, she contacted several blood banks, including Life Share Blood bank.
Fortunately, this blood bank got in touch with several donors and finally traced a donor located in Pune having a similar blood type.
The blood bank contacted Ganesh Lokande, based in Pune, requesting him to donate blood which he readily agreed, giving a ray of hope to the patient.
He came to the city on Sunday and donated blood to Sangeetha. Earlier, he did it for 30 times to various patients.