- Flipkart Big Billion Days: Nothing Phone (1) to cost under Rs 25,000
- SAP India announces new genAI assistant 'Joule'
- Shobu Yarlagadda responds on the wax statue of Prabhas in Chamundeshwari Celebrity Wax Museum in Mysore
- Mumbai man in custody for sexually assaulting minor
- Nara Lokesh moves AP High Court seeking anticipatory bail in Inner Ring Road case
- ‘Nuvvu Navvukuntu’ from ‘MAD’ is a soothing melody
- TS TET results announced, deets inside
- ‘Salaar’ vs ‘Dunki’: December is not going to be same
- Sanatan Dharma remarks: SC tags plea seeking FIR against Udhayanidhi Stalin with pending petition
- Tovino Thomas-starrer ‘2018: Everyone Is A Hero’ is India’s official entry for Oscars
Punish rape accused under Disha Act: Yadava Mahasabha
The members from Prakasam district unit of Akhila Bharata Yadava Mahasabha demanded that the government initiate action against the person who raped a mentally retarded minor girl in Tripurantakam mandal.
Ongole: The members from Prakasam district unit of Akhila Bharata Yadava Mahasabha demanded that the government initiate action against the person who raped a mentally retarded minor girl in Tripurantakam mandal.
Speaking to the press in Ongole on Sunday, the district president of Yadava Mahasabha, Botla Ramarao Yadav said that Alavala Karunakar Reddy of Rajupalem village in Tripurantakam mandal raped a mentally retarded minor girl in her house while sleeping on Saturday night.
He said that it was extremely condemnable act when the chief minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has brought the Disha Act for the safety and protection of girls and women in the state. He demanded that the government book cases under applicable sections of POCSO and Disha Acts and punish them accordingly immediately.
The Yadava Mahasabha state women wing president Ravulapalli Dhanalakshmi demanded that the government initiate action on the rapist without taking his caste and creed into consideration. She also demanded that the government should offer support to the victim girl and her family.