- Your Ultimate Guide to the Perfect Pongal Look
- With unsecured personal loans under lens, growth momentum in the segment to derail in coming quarters
- Andhra CM Jagan takes poll battle to Chandrababu Naidu's home turf - Kuppam
- India seeks greater say for developing countries at WTO meet
- It was a joy to be a part of a lyrical, poetic, and deeply romantic story: Shahbaz Khan
- Samsung’s Most Intelligent PC Lineup Galaxy Book4 Series Goes on Sale in India
- KIUG 2023: Sambalpur’s Sujata Kujur hopes to make it to Indian women’s hockey team
- VESCOA Partner with ISRO, signed MoU with ASSOCHAM to Advance Collaborative Initiatives
- FM Sitharaman stresses on compliance of norms at meet with fintech heads
- Indian Navy conducts airborne insertion ops over Arabian Sea
Roti festival from Aug 10: Collector
District administration has decided to conduct the annual Roti festival from Aug 10 to 14.
Nellore: District administration has decided to conduct the annual Roti festival from Aug 10 to 14. District Collector MV Seshagiri Babu, along with the SP Aishwarya Rastogi, held a review meeting with the officials on Thursday evening and asked the police officials to avoid any possible stampedes following crowd management strategies at Barashaheed Dargah during the time.
The Collector said Aug 11, and 12 are crucial days and the police have to be careful about monitoring the situation by coordinating with other line departments. He directed the heads of various departments to take care of drinking water, lighting, shelters, toilets, and bathing facilities at the Ghats. He also asked to take care of devotees with good barricading, life jackets and other material for mitigating any unforeseen disasters while exchanging rotis.
Babu instructed officials to arrange help desks and reception centres at the railway stations and bus complexes for providing services to the devotees across the country. He informed police officials to keep vigil on movements of the devotees through command control system and others.
The SP explained that they would take measures for smooth conduct of the event engaging all forces. Senior officials were present.