- Celebrating Leap Day 2024: Wishes and Messages for Leaplings
- Vanchit Bahujan Aghadi eyes 27 Maha LS seats, wants to put up Jarange-Patil
- 'Purely governmental function': Delhi HC refuses to order new 24-hour pan-India Doordarshan channel for Sindhi community
- PM kickstarts LS polls campaign from 'lucky Yavatmal', slams UPA regime's graft
- Congress to make declaration on special category status to Andhra
- J&K Muslim Conference's both factions declared unlawful associations
- Nifty logs its biggest point and per cent loss in 25 sessions
- KIUG 2023: Chandigarh University men, Adamas University women clinch badminton team golds
- Hyundai Motor India commits to reach RE100 benchmark by 2025, targeting 100 pc use of renewable energy
- Check out 5 Series & Documentaries To watch On This National Science Day
Shakti teams to protect women
Visakhapatnam: R.P. Thakur, DGP, has talked tough on drug menace.
The DGP, who was in city to launch Shakti teams, said the drug cases would be dealt firmly.
The aim of constituting Shakti teams aim at ensuring security of women.
Taking a serious view of the recent rave party in the city, he said severe action would be taken against the culprits. The police would soon come up with a designated phone number to deal with such cases.
He also warned hotels and pubs of action if they encourage such parties.
With regard to Shakti teams, he said they formed with 25 scooters and five cars.
The teams would function from 8 am to 8 pm. The teams were formed for the protection of women. Such teams would soon be launched in Tirupati also, he added.