Spread awareness on vector-borne diseases
District Collector S Satyanarayana has instructed the officials concerned to initiate necessary steps to control mosquito menace in a review meeting held with the district officials here on Tuesday.
Kurnool: District Collector S Satyanarayana has instructed the officials concerned to initiate necessary steps to control mosquito menace in a review meeting held with the district officials here on Tuesday.
Speaking on the occasion, the Collector said that there will be possibility of an outbreak of diseases like malaria, dengue and chikungunya with mosquito bites.
Keeping surroundings clean is the only solution to stop spreading of vector-borne diseases, he informed the officials. He directed them to educate people about the precautionary measures like not consuming contaminated food, observing every Friday as dry day, cleaning water tanks regularly and not to drink polluted water.
The Collector further said water need to be chlorinated and utensils in which water is being stored must be kept under sunlight for a while before filling them with water. He informed the municipal commissioner to ensure the pigs are driven out of the city. He directed district officials to maintain cleanliness in all villages and towns. DMHO Dr JVRK Prasad, District Malaria Officer Nuka Raju, DRO Venkatesam and other officials were present.
- Priyanka's own decision not to contest from Varanasi: Sam Pitroda
- Sensex soars 336 points to close above 39,000-mark; Tata Steel rallies 7%
- Rohit Shekhar murder: Delhi court sends his wife Apoorva to 14-day judicial custody
- Asaram's son Narayan Sai too convicted of rape
- Choose Jai Bhim followers over those chanting NaMo this election: Mayawati