Two dead, 8 injured in bus accident
Driver and conductor of a TSRTC bus died and eight passengers sustained serious injuries in a bus accident in Krishna district on Tuesday.
Vijayawada: Driver and conductor of a TSRTC bus died and eight passengers sustained serious injuries in a bus accident in Krishna district on Tuesday. The accident took place on national highway No 65 near Nawabpet village in Penugranchiprolu mandal as the bus lost control and overturned.
The injured were shifted to Nandigama Government hospital for better treatment. Rash and reckless driving is stated to be the reason for the mishap.
It is learnt that, though the passengers had repeatedly cautioned the driver to go slow, he did not listen to the passengers. He was driving recklessly and applying sudden brakes. The bus lost control and toppled thrice before coming to a halt, according to the passengers travelling in the bus.
- Sri Lanka blasts shakes up the country: Live updates
- PDP president Mufti hits out at PM for bringing nuclear bombs in political discourse
- Delhi HC seeks CBI, Michel's lawyer response on plea challenging phone call limit
- Election Commission transfers seven Bengal police officers
- Third phase polling on Tuesday across 15 states