- Odisha will have a double-engine govt after 2024 election: Rajnath Singh
- Mekapati Vikram Reddy reviews on Revenue dept. in Nellore
- Sachin Tendulkar pays obeisance at Hazratbal, Shankaracharya temple in Srinagar; takes Shikara ride
- Olive Ridley turtles lay over 9K eggs in South Goa
- Sandeshkhali unrest: Bengal BJP chief Sukanta Majumdar dragged by cops during protest
- Meta’s Oversight Board extends its scope to Instagram Threads
- Indian researchers develop 'organoid' to help in neurodegenerative diseases
- Priyanka Chopra gives sneak peek into MM's 'first hike'; fans gush over her voice
- Army rescues stranded students in J&K
- J&K approves development of 7 new Industrial Estates
UNIDO prepares plans to improve standard of living
UNIDO representatives met the GMC Commissioner Srikesh B Lathkat in the GMC office on Thursday and explained the project report prepared by them with the power point presentation.
Guntur: Guntur Municipal Corporation Commissioner Srikesh B Lathkar said that United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO) prepared proposals to improve standard of living of people without air pollution and threat to environment. UNIDO representatives met the GMC Commissioner Srikesh B Lathkat in the GMC office on Thursday and explained the project report prepared by them with the power point presentation.
Speaking on this occasion Srikesh B Lathkar said that UNIDO selected Mysore, Bhopal, Jaipur, Vijayawada and Guntur in our country. With the cooperation of entrepreneurs, the UNIDO will improve the standards of living of people without air pollution and threat to the environment he said and added that they will produce the power from the waste and reduce pollution.
The company representatives prepared a plan to use purified drainage water in the sewage treatment plant for other purposes. UNIDO representatives Rene Val Berkel,Dr.S P Singh, GMC S E Surendra Babu, city planner Chakrapani and public health S E Santhosh were among those participated.