- TCS likely to lead its peers in revenue growth: UBS
- Dil Raju’s nephew Ashish embarks on a supernatural love story with ‘Love Me – If You Dare’
- UNICEF India, Ayushmann Khurrana celebrate Radio Excellence for child rights
- Uttar Pradesh govt set to boost IT sector
- End-user spending on security, risk management to reach $2.9 bn in India
- GD Goenka University and Le Cordon Bleu gear up to redefine hospitality education in India
- SC orders TN District Collectors to respond to ED summons
- Shadowfax secures $100 mn in Series E funding led by TPG NewQuest
- Water shortage looms as Kabini reservoir levels plummet
- Congress MLA voices concerns over developmental works
Urban police launch new initiative in Tirupati
95 complaint boxes set up to receive petitions from people.
Complaints will be personally attended by Urban SP himself.
Separate teams formed under the special branch police to pick up complaints from boxes.
Tirupati: The police launched complaint box system to gather the information about anti-social elements under the Urban police district here on Wednesday.
Addressing the media after launching the new initiative, Urban SP KKN Anburajan said that the purpose of launching the complaint box system is to maintain law and order and to create a platform for women and children to share their difficulties with the Urban SP in written form through complaint boxes. He encouraged victims to drop their petitions in complaint boxes which were kept in select public locations like railway stations, bus stands, colleges and schools, hospitals, vegetable markets, temples of Tirumala, Srikalahasti and Tiruchanur and other important places.
The complaint box system came into force from Wednesday. A total of 95 complaint boxes were set up in 5 police sub-divisions. The Urban SP formed separate teams under the special branch police wing for investigating every complaint dropped in the complaint boxes. Every day, special branch police would pick up the complaints from the boxes and send them to the SP office. After reading the complaints, the SP will instruct officials concerned to take action on received complaints.
The grievances are brought to the notice of the SP once they are dropped in complaint boxes. Even, people can also report to the SP if police are negligent in discharging duties.
Speaking to The Hans India, Anburajan said that the police have decided to set up complaint boxes in pilgrim city and other places in Urban police district limits as some people especially women and children are fearing to lodge complaints in police stations.
"Every day, our separate branch personnel will pick up all the complaints and submit to me for action," the SP explained. Our objective is to develop cordial relations between police and people, the SP stated.