- India-Canada row: Domestic IT companies adopt wait & watch approach
- Families concerned over 'escalating tension' between India and Canada
- 1984 riots: Delhi court to record prosecution evidence on Oct 12 against Sajjan Kumar
- Madhapur drugs case: Narcotic Bureau issues notices to actor Navdeep
- Atishi pulls up engineers for poor condition of roads, waterlogging
- NASA asks US industry to develop spacecraft to safely deorbit space station
- Verdict on CID custody petition tomorrow
- Covid patients continue to suffer from lung complications
- Experience the irresistible aroma of Hatti Kaapi’s signature coffee at the World Coffee Conference & Expo 2023!
- Linking Aadhaar numbers with electoral rolls is not mandatory, EC tells Supreme Court
Visakhapatnam: 200 quarantined migrant workers get additional dal, veggies
Earlier, the migrants alleged that insufficient food was served to them at the facility CPI activist and former MPTC of Anantagiri mandal D Ganga Raju and village secretary Mosiya brought the struggle faced by the migrant workers to the notice of the officials concerned
Visakhapatnam: Those who have been kept under quarantine at Gummakota Panchayati Residential School now get vegetables and an additional quantity of dal. More than 200 migrant workers put up at the quarantine centre alleged that insufficient food was served to them at the facility.
It may be recalled here that The Hans India reported their woes in the report 'Migrant workers complain of bad quality food at quarantine centre' dated May 22. Later, CPI partymen former MPTC of Anantagiri mandal D. Ganga Raju and village secretary Mosiya visited the quarantine centre and interacted with the migrant workers. The partymen brought the struggles faced by the migrant workers to the notice of the officials concerned.
The officials intervened and made arrangements to increase the quantity of dal supplied to the quarantine centre along with vegetables.
However, many of the migrant workers still rue that they have to make do without buckets, mugs and soaps at the centre. Though they have been quarantined at the centre for a dozen days, they mentioned that they are yet to go through the swab tests for Covid-19.